Thursday, April 21, 2011

Public Business

I'm excited about the new nonprofit, Public Business. Some of what they may do intersects with the false-positive focus of this blog. My own preoccupations are around technology companies, EFF/ACLU issues, overreach in anti-terrorism, and the intersection thereof. Sometimes this interrelates with the business world - in the case of defense contractors, for instance. But there is money and economics in everything, and the unemployment rate and the financial crisis also affects everything, and sets a tone or a context of emergency (or shock doctrine, if I'm using that accurately), during which extraordinary measures could have an easier time getting passed. So I am fascinated to see what Public Business will work on, and I suspect the notion of accidental and deliberate false positives will come up over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment